Top stocks to watch out for on October 20
Here is the important stock market news to watch out for today.
- Markets to open on a negative note; support @11,750, resistance at 11,950.
- FIIs shares bought worth Rs1656.78 (cash), sold Rs1621.73cr in index futures.
- US markets closed lower on Monday; Asian markets opened flat.
- Oil trades lower at 42.23 USD/bbl.
- L&T emerges lowest bidder for 237-km viaduct of bullet train project.
- Britannia’s net profit jumps 23% to Rs495.20cr in Q2, revenue rises 12%.
- HDFC Life reported a 6% increase in its profits in the September quarter, the first since its inclusion in the list of the 50 biggest stocks making up the country’s top equity benchmark, as collections improved through the stage-gated unlocking at India’s leading private life insurer.
- Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) and Larsen & Toubro Infotech (LTI) will announce its financial results today.
- MRPL to buy 49% stake in ONGC Mangalore Petrochemicals from ONGC for Rs1,220cr.
- KIOCL announces share buyback worth Rs155.92cr. The record date for the buyback is set on October 30.
- Zensar Tech to divest 100% stake in PSI Holding Group to Service Express for $10 million and an additional deferred amount of $5 million based on performance.
- Adani Transmission says Average System Availability at 99.9% from 99.78%. Transmission network length of 14,837 ckt kilometers.
- ONGC has issued NCDs worth Rs1,140cr on a private placement basis.
- Ramco Systems has secured additional orders for its flagship digital solutions (ERP platform) from Jamna Auto.
- BSE has tied up with the Government of Telangana and Global Linker to help MSME’s raise equity funds.
- Hexaware Technologies trading in securities shall be suspended from November 2 due to voluntary delisting, as per SEBI guidelines. Shares will be delisted on November 9.